Occupy SLO and the 99% need your support! Here are a few ways you can contribute time or resources:
- Help by preparing food/meals off-site
- Contribute supplies (click for a list of needed items)
- Volunteer for a work shift at the Courthouse Occupation! We can help coordinate the details to make the best use of everyone's time
- Participate in one of our upcoming events
- Still have questions? Contact us online or just stop by the Welcome Booth at the courthouse to let us know how you would like to help!
Join a Work Group
Work groups are where individuals can come together to discuss issues, find solutions, and plan actions or events. Work groups meet and operate autonomously, but report back to the GA with announcements and proposals.
To get in contact with a work group, either speak with a representative at the next General Assembly OR visit its group page on this website. By clicking the "JOIN GROUP" link on a group's page, you will be subscribed to receive email messages from representatives of that group (eg. updates, announcement of meetings):
Groups each have their own dedicated forum category on the website. All registered users are free to create forum topics or post in any group.
New groups are encouraged to form independently as needed. If you form a group, please contact email@example.com or report back to the GA, and we'll get you added to the site, calendar, etc.
Attend the General Assembly (GA)
The General Assembly is where work groups or individuals provide status updates, announcements, meeting times, and/or proposals. A proposal is a specific statement or action that has reached consensus for endorsement by the General Assembly.
Check the calendar to see when the next GA will take place. Typically it is on Saturday at 1:30 at the SLO County Courthouse.
Follow us online
Share the #occupy message with your friends and family! Stay in touch with us through social media: