No album created yet.
There are no videos added yet
Logistics coordinates with other working groups to ensure that the needs and goals of the
GA are met. This includes assigning approved proposals to the affected groups,
putting relevant people/groups in contact with each other, and coordinating the
scheduling, staff, physical space, and the process of the GA meetings.
A good sized group of us (10+) met today (minutes to be posted soon) and went over some organization & communication issues which have been hindering our ability to work effectively.
After a discussion, we arrived at consensus on helpful way to categorize the working groups for the purpose of scheduling some kick-off meetings for people who want to get more work done. It was understood that these groups would branch off naturally into independent groups or sub-groups as necessary:
- Communication & Education (media, outreach, education/research, cultural)
- Safety (medical, sanitation)
- Direct Action (actions, demonstrations)
- Finance (financial oversight)
- Logistics (identify and help fill the needs of the organization)
2. WEB GROUPS ORGANIZATION
The web site "groups" -- which should NOT be considered as any "official" structure of the GA -- have been re-organized to reflect this grouping.
If you go to occupyslo.org/groups, you'll see these as the 5 "featured" groups. Below that, ALL web groups are listed.
2.5 FORUM ORGANIZAITON
Then if you go to occupyslo.org/forum/7-working-groups you'll see 5 forum categories for the 5 main groups. Within some of these are sub-categories, which correspond to the rest of the web groups. For example:
- Communication & Education (Media, Printing, Outreach, etc.)
3. MOVING FORWARD
Again it's expected that these web groups will change as needed. I know there is at least one proposal in the works that is similar in design, and when that makes it through consensus at GA, I'll be happy to update the site to reflect any changes.
At that point we could also email blast everyone on our list with an updated "How to get involved" guide, with links to the groups...
Other than that, please understand this was done to facilitate our ability to organize/meet, communicate, and get work done. Please voice any additional suggestions in this forum topic I've created.
4. GROUP BULLETINS
To streamline our web communication between groups, I'd like to introduce the "Bulletin" feature. Hint: That's how this message is being posted. A group bulletin is an announcement which:
- sends a notification email to all members of that group
- is visible on the group's page on occupyslo.org (under "Announcements")
- can be posted through the website by any group moderator (these should be factual announcements, summaries of meetings such as this message, etc. since they cannot be responded directly to)
It is expected that groups decide amongst themselves who is to be a moderator. Then you can contact me (or someone else in web/tech) and we will update your account.
5. GROUP EVENTS
While I have your attention, I'd like to announce another feature I have enabled for TESTING -- please try it out, and let me know if it is 1) useful or 2) confusing/not useful!!!
Each member of a web group now has the ability to create an "Event". Events can have:
- date & time
- location (valid addresses will show a google map on the event page)
- members can RSVP
I've created a couple events here (or go to Groups > Group Events). Please try them out and let me know what you think. This could be ONE useful method for internal event planning/coordination (ie. meetings).
Thanks everyone for your patience as the website is growing up, quite rapidly :p
- Thank you for all the 'logistical' work. on Wednesday, 08 February 2012 18:50
- Logistics Working Group, every Tuesday Night 5:30 on Tuesday, 06 December 2011 07:58
- Saturday rally theme, TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WELL on Thursday, 01 December 2011 00:37
- Tues. 11/29 5:30 @Courthouse, Logistics workgroup on Monday, 28 November 2011 20:42
- Web groups re-organization on Monday, 14 November 2011 07:40
- Immediate Action Items on Wednesday, 09 November 2011 06:57
- Needs of other Committees on Monday, 07 November 2011 09:54
A great big welcome to all Hobos, Tramps, Mystics, Travelers, Musicians. THIS WEDNESDAY! Occupy SAN LUIS OBISPO FOOD NOT BOMBS PRESENTS: Another great free feast. In front of the San Luis Obispo Court House on Monterey St. Bring some and share some! For sure there will be a great vegetarian (not vegan) hot meal, hot tea, bread and butter. Come on and stuff yourself silly and please,... bring your own utensil, cups, bowls plates. Fun starts at 5:30 and lasts until all the food is gone.
430 days ago
See you tonight (Thurs. Dec. 1 at 5:30 pm, the Courthouse)
539 days ago